Learn more about GOIP through the FAQ list.
1. What is GOIP?
Open innovation Platform (GOIP) is an online platform that connects and matches the real business challenges of Problem Owners to innovative solutions provided by Problem Solvers. The purpose of the GOIP is to boost innovation in technology in Abu Dhabi and the UAE by bringing together the solution providers, e.g., start-ups, innovators, etc. and the problem owners
2. What is GOIP challenge?
GOIP Challenge is an unsolved business challenge that requires innovative solution to meet and tackle the challenge.
About GOIP Application
3. WHEN DO APPLICATIONS OPEN?
Official applications is currently open.
4. IS THERE ANY APPLICATION FEE?
No, there is no fee to apply.
5. IS IT SAFE TO DISCLOSE SENSITIVE INFORMATION?
Yes, all information disclosed will be treated as confidential and will be an integral part of the registration process within our GOIP program.
6. WHY SHOULD I PARTICIPATE?
GOIP provides participant with customized and efficient learning opportunities. Most competitions simply judge your concept without helping you learn from the experience. The participants in GOIP receive feedback not only directly related to their applications, but also an opportunity to get formally introduced to a broad network of GOIP professionals and to establish themselves in an emerging GOIP movement.
7. WHO CAN APPLY FOR THIS PLATFORM?
To be eligible to apply for monetary and in-kind awards, you should meet the following criteria:
- An individual, an organization or a startup anywhere in the world.
- You should have an Innovative idea or technology that addresses the challenges proposed by different sectors/challenge owners.
8. DO I NEED AN ESTABLISHED BUSINESS TO APPLY?
No, you can be in the ideation or operation phase.
9. IS THERE A MINIMUM OR MAXIMUM NUMBER OF TEAM MEMBERS REQUIRED?
No, you can apply individually or as part of a team/start-up.
10. IS IT POSSIBLE TO SUBMIT MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION?
Registrants can submit more than one application; however, the applications should be on different concepts/technology. Please do not submit duplicate applications.
11. I WOULD LIKE TO SUBMIT MY APPLICATION BUT MY PROJECT IS NOT IN ANY OF THE GIVEN CHALLENGES, CAN I STILL SUBMIT AND UNDER WHICH CHALLENGE?
Yes, you can still participate, you can select the challenge that is closest to your project and GOIP Team will categorize it as ‘OTHERS” during assessment.
12. IS THERE A WAY TO UPLOAD DOCUMENT & VIDEOS AFTER I SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION?
You can upload additional documents/videos using the option to Upload documents after logging-in to your account.
13. HOW CAN WE APPLY? IS THERE A STEP BY STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION?
Guidelines in the form of video/tutorial has been made that shows you step by step process, please refer to below link:
14. I NEED TO CONTINUE WITH MY APPLICATION BUT I FORGOT MY PASSWORD AND COULD NOT SIGN IN?
Go to My Account, click on Reset Password Tab, enter your email ID, and you can reset your password.
15. AFTER I SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION, HOW WILL I KNOW THAT IT HAS BEEN RECEIVED BY GOIP TEAM?
01. Successful Submission of the form will redirect you to Thank you page.
02. Subsequently, the user will receive an email notification for successful submission.
16. I DID NOT RECEIVE AN EMAIL CONFIRMATION AFTER I SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION?
Email Confirmation message is an auto generate script. In case user does not receive any confirmation message, please contact the GOIP team through this page.
17. WHAT ARE THE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR APPLYING?
There is no specific required list. We expect to receive from you the problem statement, your solution/technology description in detail, patent documents (if any), business model, team profile, competitive advantages over other solutions existing in market, milestones, funds breakdown (in case of funding requirement), and any other documents which would make your case stronger.
18. IS AN APPLICATION WRITTEN IN OTHER LANGUAGE OTHER THAN ENGLISH WILL BE ACCEPTED?
We encourage all the applicants to submit their applications in English.